Want a successful career? Want to further your education without racking up debt?
Get started on your path to a successful career and enroll in the ARPEC education center today. ARPEC has trained apprentices for successful careers in the high demand field of air conditioning, refrigeration, and pipefitting for over 60 years. The Apprenticeship Program is a great balance of learning while you earn money working in the trade!
Admission Requirements (5-year program)
Applications are accepted year round with a cutoff date on the last Friday in April of each year. A completed application will get you started towards a career in the Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Pipefitting industry. All applicants must apply in person, be at least 18 years of age and go through testing and interviewing in order to be considered for the program. Here is how it works:
- A non-refundable processing fee of $60.00 is required when submitting an application. We accept only credit, debit or money order (payable to ARPEC). Personal checks and cash are not accepted. Applications will not be accepted without payment.
- Fill out the application, which is available on line, through the mail or can be picked up at the school’s reception desk.
- In addition, applicants must apply in person and provide the following documentation in order for us to process their application:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- High School Diploma with sealed Transcript or GED Certificate with scores.
- Out of Country Diplomas are accepted
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Citizenship or Valid Immigration Status for Educational Purposes (i.e. permanent residency card)
- Applicants will be required to take a State Aptitude Test, Math Test and interview with the Education Committee in order to be considered for the program. All applicants are ranked based on their tests and interview scores. The Education Committee decides on the number of apprentices to be accepted based on the industry needs.
This procedure is in accordance with the Registered Standards with the State of Florida.
Please CLICK HERE to take a practice test.
- ARPEC accepts applications year-round. Calling our toll-free line (1-800-463-3129) is all it takes to get your career started. Just click, print, fill out the application and return it in person with the required information. (Print applications are also available through the mail, or can be picked up at the school’s reception desk.) A completed application will get you started towards a career in the air conditioning, refrigeration and pipe fitting industry.
- Upon completion of basic admissions requirements. Applicants will be required to take a State Aptitude Test designed to evaluate their English and Mathematical Skills. All applicants will be required to take this test. A minimum score of 60 is required on the Math tests to advance to the interviews. Should you fail to score at least 60, you will be allowed to participate in a Remedial Math Class, at no cost to you, and retake the test once, with an opportunity to score 60 or higher. Please CLICK HERE to take a practice test.
- Interviews will be scheduled for applicants who qualify.
- All applicants interviewed will be ranked based on their tests and interview scores. The Education Committee decides on the number of apprentices to be accepted based on the industry needs.
Credit for previous experience
Advancement credit for the 5-year program is available to qualified individuals. Interested applicants must requested in writing and submit documentation of previous work and/or educational experience to be considered (applicants must be holders of: OSHA 10, First Aid & CPR and Universal license). An evaluation test based upon field training and classroom related instruction will be administered. Applicants must score at least 70% on this test to be considered for a maximum of 1 year credit. Click Here to Apply Now